Faith Formation for Children
Under Direction of our DRE Heather Uhlenkott.
Prairie Faith Formation Program (PFFP)
The parish offers faith formation classes for all children grades K-12, in public, private or home school, through the PFFP. In the PFFP the children in all grades have an opportunity to leave school for one scheduled period, two or five times a week and go to the parish classroom building near the school to study our faith. The PFFP is committed to building strong faith foundations for the children in our Tri-Parishes. We strive to help parents lead each child to a life of prayer and communion with God that shows itself in service to others. We seek to cultivate the hearts, minds and souls of our students to their fullest potential by guiding them to know, love and serve God. The PFFP is provided for all students who wish to learn and grow in their love of Christ regardless of religious affiliation.
- Classes follow the Prairie School Schedule
- Link to PFFP Documents
First Communion/Reconciliation Preparation: See details in Sacraments.
Rite of Christian Initiation for Children (RCIC): See details in Sacraments.
Catechesis of the Good Shepard
The Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) is an approach to the religious formation of children grounded in Sacred Scripture, Catholic Doctrine, Liturgy and Prayer. Themes are presented in such a way as to develop the religious potential present in every child: the capacity to love and be loved and be in a deep relationship with God.
- Classes begin in October and continue through late May. Download the CGS class schedule from the PFFP Documents page.
- Age availability: children must be 3, 4 or 5 years of age by September 1st. Children must be potty-trained.
- Two classes are available. Please list your first choice and second choice on the registration form. Class size is limited , so those registrations received early will have first choice.
- Monday, 9:15-10:30 am
- Monday, 10:45-12:00pm
- Regular attendance is important. Each CGS session builds on the previous one. Therefore,an expectation of consistent attendance is required (no more than three absences), unless an emergency or illness arises. Please clearly understand that we will have a waiting list and inconsistent attendance will forfeit your place and it will be given to another. Thank you for your understanding
- Cost is Free
For additional information, contact our DRE Heather Uhlenkott.
Link to PFFP Document